Daisypath Wedding tickers

Monday, December 14, 2009

A Few New Highlights

Pictures to accompanying these highlights will be added soon....

Wednesday:
I called the wedding store earlier in the week to see which of my bridesmaids still needed to order their dresses. Of course, all of them did! Haha, love you guys! So I sent everyone a reminder text to go ahead and do that. Well, my oldest and dear friend Kati called saying she had a quick question on how to measure and for me to call her back. So I did and asked what she was having a hard time doing. Kati is married and has been in weddings, so I assumed she knew the drill (which she does). But then she says to me, "I don't know how to measure if I am going to be 50 inches around by then." I thought she was being funny about gaining weight or something, but then it hit me. SHE'S PREGNANT! Kati and her husband Patrick have been married two and half years and this will be their first child. I am soooo excited for the two of them and cannot wait to be an aunt!!!!!

Thursday:
Was my last day of my third rotation for PT school. 8 weeks FLEW by so quickly and I must say I shed a tear or two as I was walking out the door. Two wonderfully sweet patients of mine bought me gifts. The first was just a little happy: lotion from Bath and Body Works and some decorative iron hangers that mount of the wall that have hooks on them to hang jewelry. This particular patient also prayed over me before she left the clinic that day. Amazing! It is nice to know that someone felt and knew that that was something we could do together. (And how wonderful it is to know that there ARE workplace environments out there that not only are okay with this, but that encourage it and make it intentional to treat not only physical needs, but spiritual as well.) The second was a WEDDING gift: a beautiful Wilton Armetale large platter that I had registered for! I was shocked when I opened it! Way too generous and very much appreciated! This patient also gave me a sermon on CD about understanding the Big Story before you can understand yours...Listened to it this morning on the way to work and it was terrific.

Friday:
Kyle had his interview for the GPR program. He said he felt like it went well, maybe stumbled on a question or two, but otherwise good! We will know something by the first of the year, or so they tell us. Continued prayers are appreciated! :)

Saturday:
Spent the day working on some wedding stuff and getting my life back in order. And then Saturday night found out some incredible news: KIMBERLY and NATHAN are getting MARRIED! He proposed Saturday afternoon-ish. Kimberly and I met Nathan two and half years ago when her friend Cassie was in Memphis visiting. Cassie and Nathan were friends and thought she should introduce him to Kimberly! Good thing she did, because they are now engaged! Kimberly has been a friend of mine since freshman year of college. She lived across the hall from me in the dorm and was also in my pledge class. We also roomed together our sophomore year in the Phi Mu house. She is such a good friend to so many people and I am so excited that she and I can share in the excitement on being engaged together! Nathan is wonderful to her and makes her so incredibley happy, which is the most important thing! CONGRATS again Kimberly and Nathan!

Sunday:
Awesome sermon at church and then good times with my sweet, supportive Growth Group. We had a great game of Dirty Santa and people were not afraid to steal some gifts. Me included! Madalyn prepared a delicious meal and the fellowship was great as always!

Monday:
Kyle took Day One of his dental school boards this morning. One down, one to go (tomorrow).
Oh, and I bought a new planner! How exciting huh? Everyone has awesome, exciting news and I get a planner. :) But for a nerd like me, I'm thrilled!


Until next time....

Wex

No comments:

Post a Comment