Daisypath Wedding tickers

Monday, October 5, 2009

Back to reality (again)

Here I am again. At the end of another road. And rather than reaching my destination, there is a fork (rather several forks). With my last PT school test waiting for me at 10:00 tomorrow morning, everything but wound care is on my mind. I stupidly assumed that after 20 years of education, one would know exactly where they wanted to be when the studying stops. After four years of undergrad and almost three years of grad school, this doctor of physical therapy-to-be has found herself lost without a map not knowing in what setting I want to work and having every feeling of inadequacy and fear of failure imaginable.

"Why do you want to be a physical therapist?"

I have heard that question repeatedly and I have repeatedly given the same response. "It's just the only thing that I have ever wanted to do." (For work that is) I have finally realized this weekend what this boring answer really means. Not so much an epiphany, just a realization pointed out by the One who holds ALL the answers. I want to serve. Though I may not know through what outlet, or to exactly what specific population, I know that God has ordained these steps in my life and in that, I try to find peace. "The greatest among you will be your servant. For whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted." (Matthew 23:11-12) In the craziness that is this world, where people are constantly trying to climb the corporate ladder and typically do so at the expense of integrity, Christ challenges us. To Him, greatness comes from serving-giving ourselves to God and to others. He came as a servant. Why should my focus be on ME?
On a lighter note, Starkville was great this weekend. The weather was beautiful and I had a wonderful time catching up with friends and taking in some Bulldog football. Despite a loss, the weekend was just what I needed. Dinner at Bin612, breakfast at City Bagel, and a long afternoon of tailgating. Here are some clips and a little video (RGB, that video was for you!)


1 comment:

  1. It's like I'm back in Starkville for the first time in 2 1/2ish years! love it!

    I want to see you. And if you want to see the mountains (of CO, that is), maybe we could work something out?? muah!

    ReplyDelete