Daisypath Wedding tickers

Monday, September 28, 2009

Football Feuds

Nothing substantial to write about just figured almost two weeks is slacking...


I love having grown up in Tennessee and appreciate everything this great state has to offer...EXCEPT UT orange. Something about that color makes my stomach turn. Though I have grown tolerant of people's die-hard obsession with Rocky Top and Smokey, I secretly (or not so secretly) enjoy watching the frustration experienced when Crompton yet again throws an incomplete pass! Brutal? Just for proof, this picture is from tacky day during homecoming week in high school.



My love for the Gators has been embedded since birth. Born in Tampa with a dad and uncle who both graduated from Florida, it wasn't even a choice what colors you donned on Saturdays in the fall. Having been to two Gator National Championship victories, my love grows stronger everyday! :) The first was in 1996. Sugar Bowl in New Orleans. It was the awkward years. 10 years old, walking Bourbon street with my father. What was my mother thinking? Here's a picture for comedic relief. Danny Wuerffel "7" on the cheek and a 52-20 victory over Florida State.




13 years later, I was back. A little less awkward this time (at least I hope). Thanks to one of the world's best uncles, my cousin Rachel and I got to spend a few days in Miami and celebrate with thousands of fellow Florida fans. Here's some more pictures...



















2 Saturdays ago, Kyle and I survived our first UT/Florida game together. After much convincing and promising to be on my best behavior, he agreed that we could actually be in the same house while the game was on. Because my love for Florida far outweighs my hatred for UT football, I'm not a huuuuuge trash talker. So I kept quiet as Tebow made Crompton look like a pee-wee quarterback. I even made our friend Travis a birthday cake with a power T on it. Pretty big of me I must say.


Since then, school has kept me pretty occupied. But the end is in sight and it sure helps when you get some of these at the end of a long week...

Thanks Kyle! (Isn't he sweet???)

Headed to Starkville Thursday to spend some much needed QT with some very special people. And hopefully to see a Bulldog victory. With all that Gator talk, I guess I forgot to express my love for Mississippi State. Very proud of the way they held their own this past Saturday against LSU! GO DAWGS!

2 comments: