Daisypath Wedding tickers

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Shower Me

Mom, my Kyle, and I headed to Crossville Friday morning. But first we had to stop in Franklin so I could try on my dress!!!!! It was amazing! Okay, I know it's obnoxious when people constantly update their Facebook statuses to tell everyone every detail of their wedding planning process, so I haven't been doing that. But, it's my blog and I can go on and on if I choose :)

I haven't really felt like I am a "bridey bride" if that makes any sense. I don't know the proper names for things I have registered. I don't know the different fabrics that make up a wedding dress. I don't know the names of flowers and literally when people ask me what kind of flowers we are using I say, "Yellow." I don't know the difference between an American and French bustle. You get the idea.

But Friday, I felt like a bride!!! Once the dress was on, we added the veil, shoes, and earrings! I will tell you that my mom cried multiple times. She will tell you that I turned really red and started sweating. And this was not because I am nervous. It's because I really never thought this day would happen. I was at a point in my life where I was done. I was over dating. I thought God was telling me to be single for a while, so I just accepted it and was content in that. Well He was wanting me to be single so He could send my future husband my way. So Friday, for me, was more of a reminder of God's sovereignty and faithfulness. (And being in a gorgeous dress didn't hurt much either)

No pictures from that fun experience. You'll have to wait just three more months!!!

From there we headed to Crossville to spend the night, because some of the women at Kyle's home church were throwing us a shower Saturday morning. It was beautiful! I was amazed at how many great gifts we received and so blessed for all the wonderful words of encouragement, wisdom, and love that filled each card. We are beyond fortunate to have so many families surrounding us who are incredible examples of what a Christian marriage should look like and who will be there for us throughout our marriage as counselors, friends, encouragers, and role models. Just a few pictures:

The Spread- sooo yummy!
Just like Christmas (only better)
We had a discussion about breaking bows, and apparently he wasn't listening....
So now he will be cleaning toilets the rest of our marriage in exchange, muhahaha
Probably one of my favorite gifts from the day (now I just need to learn to sew)

Wonderful, wonderful hostesses who definitely know how to cook and host a shower!

And not to brag or anything (just kidding), but I was actually able to finish ALL of my thank you's yesterday. My hand is tired now...

The weekend fun is over and now it's time for bed. Start my LAST rotation tomorrow! It's unbelievable how in hindsight, three years flies. I never thought we would make it here this quickly. The future is fast approaching and as excited as I am, I am nervous as well. The job hunt has begun and my stomach is turning.

Hopefully this week will fly by because I get to see my amazing, sweet Phi Mu friends this Saturday in Jackson!!!!
Praying everyone has a wonderful week!

Wex

No comments:

Post a Comment