Daisypath Wedding tickers

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Sisterly Love

Another great weekend for the record books...

Friday night I got to see some sweet friends of mine who I haven't seen in a very long time! Jenny and Scott Duncan are two friends of mine from Mississippi State who moved to Memphis so Scott could start med school and Jenny could start optometry school. They are an incredible couple who I look up to immensely. It has been almost three years since they got married and have moved to Memphis, and Friday was the first time I have gotten to see her! Crazy how life just gets the best of us sometimes... Jenny wasn't going to be able to come to my shower on Saturday, so she and Scott came over to drop me a little happy. Very cute bathroom goodies! We will be neighbors soon, so hopefully we can do a better job to get to see each other more and spend some time together!
Early afternoon on Saturday, Mom and I headed to Jackson, TN for a shower some of dear Phi Mu friends threw for me. It was a much needed day together. Our close group of friends are scattered everywhere, so times where we can get together are few and far between :( We had a wonderful time stuffing our faces with delicious food and cake, catching up on each others' lives, and reminiscing on our crazy college days. Definitely provided for uncontrollable laughter!
Oh and I got some really cute gifts too...Can't forget about that!

Adorable Invite!
The Spread

Dangerous...

Love them all!

Momma, Springer, Me, Suzanne, Katie, Amber, Kimberly


The other man in my life...



Pretty platter from my hostesses-First monogrammed anything!
This makes me very excited and happy :)




Gorgeous McCarty pottery from my sweet little sis...The best part is, Kyle LOVES this stuff so hopefully he'll be okay with me spending money on it in the future!

ALL my towels from Mom...She's so cute! It's all in the details!

(Our colors are gray and yellow-the reason for the ribbon)

When it was time to leave, and I saw the time on the clock in the car, I was amazed at how long we sat and chatted. It's what we do best! We headed back to Memphis, and Suzanne and Kimberly decided to come stay for the night...So glad they did! The girls headed out to dinner at Majestic Grille downtown where we got into a little bit of mischief and then to Silly Goose for a few more hours of laughter!

Needless to say, I took a very long nap this afternoon :)

Wonderful weekend! Hard to believe I have to go back to work tomorrow.

Much needed prayers over the next two days please. Kyle takes boards the Monday and Tuesday. I have my first interview Tuesday night. The real world is sneaking up on us.

Hope everyone has a wonderful week!

Wex

No comments:

Post a Comment