Daisypath Wedding tickers

Monday, March 1, 2010

The Six Sisters I Never Had...

This weekend, Kyle and I flew to Phoenix to meet my dad's side of the family to celebrate Poppy's 85th birthday party. Best weekend I have had in a long time. Hands down. The Wechsler/Nachum side of the family is beyond close. And I thank my parents and aunts and uncles for that. Our parents made it a point growing up to always get us together with our cousins. Whether it be celebrating birthdays or just spending a week during the summer at Gigi and Poppy's, it was very rare growing up that we didnt see each other at least once a year. And for us being spread out across the States (Phoenix, LA, Chicago, Raleigh, Charlotte, Memphis), that was pretty decent.

But since everyone began graduating high school, the visits have been few and far between. Breaks my heart. My sweet cousins are my sisters (well, except Alex who is like a little brother, he's the only boy besides my brother). Regardless of how long it has been since we've talked or seen each other, a midnight phone call to cry will always be answered. What a blessing it was to get to spend some MUCH needed quality time together, ALL of us!

How pretty is everyone....

And it's all thanks to them (Gigi, Poppy, Aunt Mindy, Uncle Cliff, and my dad)...

And after meeting my crazy and loud family, my sweet fiance still wants to marry me :)

Happy Birthday Poppy! And thank you for being the BEST Poppy ever, teaching us the best songs, never forgetting a birthday, loving us unconditionally, and ALWAYS taking the grandkids side :)

In other news, the madness starts this week. From now until the wedding, there is something for us to do EVERY weekend, whether it be for our wedding, celebrating other friends getting married, graduation, etc. June 19 will be here before we know it!

Hope everyone has a fabulous week!

Wex





No comments:

Post a Comment